See below for our list of what we consider to be the standout rooms in our home state of New Jersey.
Actor-driven / Collaborative / Horror / Larger groups
- This room utilizes darkness, separation, and actors to establish a slightly scary setting, so it would be best players who are more comfortable with these elements.
- 13th Hour’s set is a massive, multi-level escape with an outstanding amount of tasks to complete, so bring a large team!
- The Dungeon requires great levels of teamwork and a keen sense of observation.
- 13th Hour’s location includes five escape rooms, all based around the eerie Hayden family. This common narrative thread has us wanting to return to be a part of the rest of the story.
Immersive set / Horror
- This spooky adventure has one of the best narratives for any of the escapes we’ve taken on in New Jersey.
- Vampire’s Lair is an actor-driven escape room that incorporates twists and turns throughout the 60 minute experience.
- East Coast Escape Room provides a creepy atmosphere that is feasible for small and large groups alike.
Immersive set / Beginner-friendly
- Tucked away in Neptune, NJ Solve It Sherlock delivers an immersive set that transports players to the hull of a real-life-like pirate ship with exciting secrets around every corner.
- Pirates of the Golden Skull is family friendly and not too difficult so it’s approachable for any skill level or experience.
- This venue also boasts a Magician Room (also on this list!) as well as a zombie escape room that we are immensely excited to play.
Beginner-friendly / Great Narrative / Competitive
- This Thanksgiving-themed escape room provides a great holiday experience with unexpected twists along the way.
- East Coast Escape Room also has leaderboards for each of their three experiences so that teams looking for a competitive escape can set and surpass goals.
- Accessible for all ages and skill levels.
Active / Great Narrative
- Trap Door Escape successfully switches up the usual escape room format by incorporating puzzles and elements found in obstacle courses.
- While some of the puzzles throughout the game are uneven, F5 is a unique escape room for New Jersey that every enthusiast should attempt.
- The narrative in this escape room is straightforward and leads up to an interesting out-of-the-box ending.
Immersive set / Beginner-friendly / Larger Groups
- Escape the Puzzle provides one of the most enjoyable escape rooms we’ve played in the Garden State.
- Carnival keeps the puzzles thematic over its multiple rooms.
- Escape the Puzzle boasts five escape rooms at their location including Speakeasy, Swamp & the newly opened, Tower.
Great puzzle design / Beginner-friendly
- For all the magician escape rooms we’ve done, this one certainly had the most “ah ha” moments.
- The puzzles felt magical, like pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
- The room itself is not overly large so puzzles are feasible for most experience levels.
Great puzzle design / Immersive set
- An approachable western themed room suitable for all ages.
- An awesome twist to the puzzles and plot.
- Our favorite escape room at the Amazing Escape Room Freehold location.
Updated in: December, 2018